Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Welcome!!

Welcome to my new blog!! Don't you love the title? My parents used to tell me all the time "girl you could burn water!". I never really had an interest in cooking. I grew up with a family full of cooks and a sister who was little miss Martha Stewart. I figured if I didn't try and didn't show any interest, no one would ask me to help and I would much rather spend my time outside playing or doing other more interesting things. Well, now that I'm married with two kids and a crazy life, I have to cook whether I like it or not! And strangely, I've come to find out.... I LOVE IT! Look at all those years wasted having the same few meals over and over! Not anymore!!
I am dedicating this blog to all the single people, busy moms on the go, or newlyweds who are just now learning to cook for themselves and don't want to rely on takeout or fast food! Everyone can cook! I will keep this recipe blog simple, with very few ingredients that most people can purchase at a NORMAL local grocery store (not some crazy world foods place) and that can typically be prepared from start to table in under an hour (with the exception of my dear friend the crock pot who sometimes takes 6-8).
I would love to have any recipe suggestions to include on the blog or ideas that you would like for me to find a recipe for. Have a freezer full of chicken and don't know what to do with it? Let me know and I'll try to find something to suit you. Have a kid with food allergies? I'll try to help with that too!
Welcome to I Burn Water! Hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment