Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Homemade Hunny Mustard

So I just realized I forgot to post this with the Crouton Chicken recipe. This is definitely a must have to go with that!!

So you can make this in any amount you want whether it be just a little to have with one meal, or in bulk like I do to fill up a squirty container to keep in the fridge or give in pint jars for Christmas presents like shown here:
P.S. WalMart sells the plastic squirty containers like diner style ketchup and mustard containers for less than a dollar. I use them for my homemade BBQ sauce, honey mustard, and salad dressing. :)

2 parts Mayo
1 part yellow Mustard
1 part honey
Use this same ration whether you to 2 tbs:1 tbs:1 tbs, or  2 cups:1 cup:1 cup.
If you like your honey mustard more mustardy, then add about another teaspoon of mustard, and if you like it sweeter on the honey side, add a teaspoon more of honey. I think it is perfect with the 2:1:1 ratio, so I leave it that way.

Now, you can leave it just like that, but to make it REALLY yummy add in:
Seasoning Salt
Cayenne Pepper (just a smidge)
Cajun seasoning
Pepper
Paprika (just a smidge)
Garlic Powder

Mix well and serve with anything you want to dip. It's also great on deli sammiches!

No comments:

Post a Comment