Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Crouton Chicken... a family fav!

This one DOES require you to lay out your chicken! But since I always forget when I want to make it, I lay it out tonight to have it thawed out tomorrow. OR you can just buy some fresh that aren't frozen.

Cooking for two (and a minion:)
4 thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 eggs
milk
1 pack of croutons any flavor (I prefer the garlic & herb, ceasar, or ranch and any brand will do!)

Cut chicken breasts into tender sized chunks. If you can buy chicken tenders in your store, thats easier.
Soak the tenders in a mixture of milk and egg as long as possible. (which for me is typically about a half hour while I prepare everything else).
In a food processor, blender, or whatever works for you, chop the croutons up into a fine crumb powder. I have a food processor, but I also let my 2 year old wack the snot out of the croutons in a gallon ziplock bag with a wooden spoon. Good to relieve stress and he thouroughly enjoys "helping".
Depending on what croutons you use, you shouldnt need to add seasonings to the crumbs, but I almost always add a little pepper and garlic powder. Also add in about a tablespoon of flour to help thicken the crumbs. Mix well.
Preheat your oven to 400 and LIGHTLY spray a cookie sheet (and I do mean LIGHTLY!!)
Shake or roll the soaked tenders in the crumb mixture. You can either shake them in a ziplock bag or roll them in the mixture, but make sure they are well coated. Place them on a cookie sheet (and I usually sprinkle more of the crumbs on top of them.)
Bake about 10 minutes before flipping, then 10 minutes more or until chicken is done (about 20 minutes).
Serve with homemade honey mustard recipe also found on this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment